Tag Archives: NEWS

What is Virtual Machine? what are its Advantages?

What is Virtual Machine?

virtual machine is a software computer that, like a physical computer, runs an operating system and applications. The #virtual #machine is comprised of a set of specification and configuration files and is backed by the physical resources of a host.

so as per the above definition you can create N-number of computer as you like and you can also Destroy it when ever you want at no cost. The other best think about VM is that you can created a machine with any Operating System as you like.

What are the Advantages of VM?

You can also use your own image by capturing the image of an existing virtual machine or virtual hard drive. Virtual machines are beneficial in several ways.

  • A user can try new operating system without actually installing them.
  • A VM can be deleted when you are done with the operating system.
  • New versions of an operating system can be tried and tested before the user installs them on the machine.
  • VM provides a very economical and hassle free way of using a development framework or a tool that runs on specific version of OS.

The Most Popularly used Virtual Machine are :


2. Hyper-V

Related image

3.Amazon EC2

Image result for aws virtual machine logo

Do follow our blog and also check our other posts in Technology



Liquid Nitrogen – A new Danger


According to a report in Hindustan Times, two months ago, a 30-year-old who downed a fancy “smoking” shot did not realise that the drink was to be consumed only after the smoke dissipated. In fact, he consumed two.

Just after consuming the drink the man began to experience extreme pain in his stomach accompanied by breathlessness, and had to be immediately rushed to a hospital in Gurgaon.

Upon examining the man, the doctors decided that surgery was necessary and once they opened him up, they realised the extent of the damage caused. According to the report, his stomach “was open like a book”.

ln_070317091621.jpgPhoto: Carbonated.tv

The man, who wished to remain anonymous, was quoted by HT saying, “I gulped down the drink, I started feeling very uncomfortable, like how you feel when there is an acid reflux. The bartender passed me another drink and I had it, not thinking too much about the discomfort. However, within seconds, my stomach started swelling and I was in unbearable pain. Breathing was also difficult.”

How did this happen?

The drink that he had consumed was covered with liquid nitrogen. Why? Liquid nitrogen has a boiling point of -196 degrees Celsius. Hence it is used for a variety of things, such as a coolant for computers, in medicine to remove unwanted skin, warts and pre-cancerous cells, and in cryogenics, where scientists study the effect of very cold temperatures on materials. But apart from all the medical and scientific uses, liquid nitrogen has also become a popular gastronomic tool.

Restaurants and bars use liquid nitrogen as a method for instantly freezing food and drinks, or creating and clouds of vapour or fog when exposed to air. Of course, caution should be maintained. When used to freeze drinks, these should only be consumed after the nitrogen has completely evaporated.

According to John Emsley of the Royal Society of Chemistry in England, “If you drank more than a few drops of liquid nitrogen, certainly a teaspoon, it would freeze, and become solid and brittle like glass. Imagine if that happened in the alimentary canal or the stomach. The liquid also quickly picks up heat, boils and becomes a gas, which could cause damage such as perforations or cause a stomach to burst.”

While the use of liquid nitrogen is permitted as an additive in frozen food as per the guidelines of the national regulatory body Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), there are no definitive guidelines set for it, especially in terms of safety.

“There is no clear-cut guideline for it and generally it is considered to be a novel technique, which can be used by food business operators,” said Dr Saurabh Arora of FoodSafetyHelpline.

The aftermath

The patient, when he was admitted, had an abnormally swollen stomach, and his heart rate, blood pressure, and oxygen saturation were well away from optimum conditions. Surgery revealed a huge perforation in the middle and the lower parts of the man’s stomach.  Since it was not possible to stitch it back, as the tissue near the tear was too damaged, the doctors removed the damaged portion of the stomach and connected his stomach to the remaining part of the small intestine.

Post the surgery, the patient had to be kept on a ventilator for three days, but thankfully he has since recovered.

“Consuming liquid nitrogen can cause havoc in a person’s system. By nature, liquid nitrogen expands manifolds and evaporates when left at room temperature. The gas did not have an escape route after the person consumed it and the sphincter closed, this is what led to a perforation in his stomach,” said Dr Amit Deepta Goswami of Columbia Asia Hospital in Gurgaon, where the man was taken to.

Courtesy : Hindustan Times



If you’re having a bad day at work, just remember: at least you’re not the dad who was interrupted by his kids during a live BBC interview Friday morning. Robert E Kelly, a professor of political science, was being interviewed live on the BBC World channel about the South Korean impeachment. His children, however, had other ideas.

As Kelly is speaking, his children enter into the picture and a few awkward moments later, a woman frantically takes them out of the room. According to the BBC, the video has been viewed more than 10 million times on Facebook and was even shared by Tom Hanks. The video has been viewed over 590,000 times on YouTube and retweeted nearly 11,000 times on Twitter, to which Kelly replied, “Is this kinda thing that goes ‘viral’ and gets weird?”

This guest managed to keep his composure when his children interrupted his live @BBCWorld TV interview pic.twitter.com/3x5tgsVR8R


Below is the Video Link: